Realizing that effective research requires precise design, and accurate data collection, analysis and reporting, we follow a set of strict quality control guidelines throughout the project lifecycle.
Our surveys are mobile-device ready, so that they can be accessible by younger and affluent respondents on their tablets or smartphones.
There are a number of standards employed during the registration process that help maintain the quality of our panel sources.
These standards include:
- Double opt-in.
- Only one panelist is allowed per household.
- Panelists must have a valid mailing address.
- CAPTCHA technology used upon registration to prevent bots from entering and completing studies
- Fraud screening that assigns a risk score to each registrant and blocks those from suspicious domains, proxy servers, blacklisted IP addresses, etc.
- De-duplication algorithms that block panelists from joining the panel more than once, and block panelists who have been previously ejected from joining the panel.
- Technology that blocks panelists that come from recruitment sources identified as providing low-quality panelists.
Accuracy of Data Collection
- Use of multiple online panel sources for a representative sample of the population in online studies.
- Maximize response rate and minimize response bias through concise and simple questioning, advanced sample management, reminders, and adequate field windows.
- Review survey length to ensure online respondents took enough time to complete the survey.
- Review verbatim responses in online surveys and eliminate those respondents with poor verbatim quality.
- Use of “quality control” questions to ensure that respondents are paying close attention throughout the survey (we will delete any “false” responders and replace them as necessary).